Thursday, April 6, 2006

Talk about insult to injury!

A mere day after announcing his resignation from Congress, Tom DeLay is poised to file ethics violation charges against Cynthia McKinney.

"If somebody else doesn't file an ethics charge, I will," DeLay said on Rush Limbaugh's radio show this afternoon. "I am going to defend these Capitol Police. ... They are incredibly professional and courageous, and I am not going to let this happen."

DeLay also blasted McKinney as a racist who uses her color as an excuse for perceived victimhood.

"She is a racist," DeLay said. "She bases everything on race. Everything bad that has ever happened to her is because she's black. She's anti-Semitic, that's who she is."

By now, I'm sure that we're all familiar with the McKinney debacle, so I won't rehash it here, but I will give a few of her outrageous quotes.

"The issue is racial profiling,"

"You can't stop me. The real issue is face recognition and security around the Capitol complex."

If that's the case, all I have to do is look like someone that works in the building, and I can stroll right through security with a bomb in my briefcase and blow the whole Senate floor up!

But I digress. I think that ethics charges should definitely be brought against her. She has slandered a police officer who was just doing his job.

But to have DeLay bring them? Bad form. It just doesn't look good; someone else in the Senate who has a little more political calm around him. Unless this is because Tom knows that no matter what he's going out, so he's saving someone else from being under the racist gun...Hmm...

No comments: