Saturday, May 13, 2006

United 93

After two weeks of unfortunate delay, my hubby and I finally went out to see United 93.

Mr. Beamish initially called it Post Traumatic Stress. I agree with his assessment fully. There theatre was fairly empty, as we went to a late showing last night, but the air was thick and silent when the movie let out. It was almost like being at a funeral, and there were very few dry eyes on the way out.

I feel like it is 9-11 all over again, and I am not one to be moved to emotion easily. United 93 was a stark film, shot without the romanticising that historical movies typically have. The characters are what they are, and you hate them or love them based on who they are rather than the director's instruction. The thought that kept coming back to me, over and over again was the humanity of the victims. That the hijackers would so completely disregard the humanity of the victims made my stomach hurt. I really did feel nauseous, in a way that watching the news never made me feel. I'm not afraid to say that it renews the anger I felt after 9-11. I'm angry and hurt all over again, and it renews my resolve that Islam cannot be tolerated in a civilized world.

I recommend that everyone capable of going to a movie theatre do it right away. This is also a movie that I will be purchasing on it's DVD release date. I predict that it will be shown in school history classes, much in the same way Schindler's List is shown.

Liberals screaming "too soon," and whining that it is inappropriate for money to be made from United 93 sicken me. At what point would it be convenient for your sensibilities to see this? It is a necessary thing, I think; Americans forget too quickly, and United 93 will help wake them up. The fact that there will be profit is inconsequential. Yes, a private company made this film, so a ticket will have to be purchased. Whatever.

I'm sorry if this is a poor review, my feelings are still raw, and this is a visceral recount of the experience.

All that being said, it seems that not only are liberals crying about this movie. CAIR is concerned that United 93 will cause a backlash of hatred and violence against Muslims, citing that a group of women in Scottsdale, AZ were harassed by a couple who had just seen the movie.

"Take off your f-----g burqas and get the f--- out of this country. We don't want you in this country. Go home," the couple allegedly said.

Obviously, this sort of thing isn't the norm, or Islam would be fleeing America as we speak, tail between it's legs.

Of course, CAIR's 31 offices are raising the alarm nationwide, claiming that Muslims are being painted with a broad brushstroke. The film misrepresents devout Islamic followers, claims Dina El-Nakhal.

I can't believe that CAIR expects us to stomach that hogwash, considering that the group and some of it's leaders have known ties to terrorist activities. The group is a spin-off of the Islamic Association for Palestine. They are little more than a front group for Hamas and al-Queada. In fact, several CAIR leaders have been convicted of terror charges.

Not only that, but CAIR's chairman of the board, Omar Ahmad declared in a 1998 newspaper interview that he believed the Quaran should be America's highest authority. CAIR's chief spokesman, Ibrahim Hooper said in a 1993 interview that he wants to see America become an Islamic country.

"I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future," Hooper told the paper. "But I'm not going to do anything violent to promote that. I'm going to do it through education."

Can there be any doubt what these people hold in store for us? Dhimmitude, and death.

Go and see United 93. It is worth every cent of your ticket, and then some!

No comments: