Friday, May 5, 2006

Like Father, Like Son

Patrick Kennedy nearly missed hitting a patrol car and ran into a guardrail at 0245 on Thursday. He emerged from the car, clearly staggering, and was given a ride home by police, who did not even admisiter a sobriety test.




A source tells the DRUDGE REPORT: "It was apparent that the driver was intoxicated (stumbling) and claimed he was in a hurry to make a vote.

"When it became apparent who it was, instead of processing a normal DWI, the watch commander had the Patrol units clear the scene. The commander allowed other building officials drive Kennedy home."


"I was involved in a traffic accident last night at First and C Street SE near the U.S. Capitol," Kennedy said in a written statement released by his office. "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

Really? How nice of you! I would assume that you would be compelled to co-operate with the police.

Oh, well... Not if you're a Kennedy, I suppose.

Patrick Kennedy later said that he was dizzy due to taking a couple of prescription medications. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a DUI whether its alcohol or drugs? Don't most drugs have warning labels about not driving or operating heavy machinery?

ARGH!

No comments: