Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Official: We Now Have A Lame Duck President


This one is dedicated to Elmer's Brother!

I usually don't put much faith into polls and their results. Heck, during the last election I got an automated phone call, and you wouldn't' believe how slanted the questions were.

But I did have to laugh at the latest Quinnipiac poll, taken in New York after Bush's "watershed" immigration speech on Monday. Now, I realize New York is a blue state, so bear with me.

His approval rating is now at 22%.


But that's overall. Broken down by party, he has only 50% support from his own Republican base. Ouch.

According to the Rasmussen Poll, only 39% of Americans agreed with his stance on immigration following his speech. 47% said that his proposals wouldn't work. Only 58% of conservative candidates said that they would vote for a Republican candidate.

I don't think his speech had the desired effect... I know I didn't like it!

No comments: