Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mel Is Offended By Da Vinci Code

The main character of the DaVinci Code, Robert Langdon, played by Tom Hanks, was inspired by a real person, Dr. Robert Lomas.

Apparently, Hanks wasn't Lomas' first choice to portray him; he would have preferred Mel Gibson.

Lomas says, "In an ideal world I'd quite like to have been played by Mel Gibson."

I guess he doesn't realize that Mel is Catholic!

Gibson, for his part, is less than thrilled with the Dan Brown film.

Gibson says, "What worries me is that people will take this as fact.

"I'm not angry, per se, that it refutes everything I hold sacred, the foundations of my beliefs. The Da Vinci Code is an admitted work of fiction but it cleverly weaves fact into maverick theories in a way that will appear plausible to some."

No comments: