Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Lactation Station, What's Your Function...


Well, we're not the only government capable of wasting money on asinine projects.

Ottawa has decided to give a "performance arts" grant to the Lactation Station Breast Milk Bar, which offers the public the chance to sample human breast milk.

The bar is run by a lesbian couple who say the bar is in the spirit of wine tastings.

The breast milk, provided by six different women according to artist Jess Dobkin, will be pasteurized for health and safety reasons. But that consideration didn't seem top of mind for federal Health Minister Tony Clement.

"A chacun son gout,'' -- to each his own tastes, said Clement, before quickly adding, "It's not for me.''


OK, I'm all for breast feeding. I breast fed all three of my kids (with varying degrees of success), and seeing a breastfeeding mother in public doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I wouldn't say I'm a prude, but this is disgusting. Breast milk between a mother and child, or even husband and wife is one thing, but to drink bodily fluids from a strange person?

Excuse me, I've got to go vomit now!

No comments: