Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ferret, 2.0

To start off, I'd like to thank everyone for their name suggestions. The jury's still out, but I kind of like Toof!

Unfortunately, that name would be for our new ferret. We named the first one Mo on the way back to the pet store to return the little furry jerk. We decided on Mo in honor of the "prophet" Mohammed, because the ferret tried to dismember me last evening. I was attempting to adjust the animal's bedding, and had removed my hand from the cage to fasten the lid. He jumped, reached through the cage bars, and clamped down. He wouldn't let go, and I couldn't manually open his mouth, since he was behind the bars.

My hubby startled him off.

Here is a pic of the damage. Sorry for the low quality, but it's hard to photograph the underside of one's own upper arm. When I woke up this morning, it was an even lovelier shade of purple.


















I've had ferrets for years, and never has one attacked me like that!

Needless to say, we took the little killer back to the pet supplier for an exchange. The manager took one look at him and said, "Oh. Him. He's been returned once for that before."

Gee, that would've been nice to know before we got him. Thank goodness he bit me and not one of our kids!

We picked out another ferret, and this one's been as sweet as he could be!

Here's a pic of the newbie!

No comments: