Friday, June 23, 2006

Church Refuses Background Checks

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Los Angeles are backing down from a promise to run fingerprint and background checks on anyone working with children.

But wait... Background checks for workers around kids? That's a pretty damn good policy. Why won't they do it?

The Catholic church doesn't want to alienate illegal immigrants.

Instead, the church will have anyone wishing to work in children's ministries who is without identification sign an affidavit stating that they have never been convicted of a crime.

Well, NOW I feel better... I'm sure that some one who has no problem breaking the law to get into America, and continue to break the law on a daily basis to remain here would never lie about their past criminal record.

Oh, and the Catholic church has promised that someone from the church will be supervising the illegal and your kid at all times.

So, where can I drop my kid off?

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be objectionable to background checks being performed on ALL volunteers who work with children! In fact, I would go so far as to say that they are aiding and abetting illegal activity with this policy.

What is it about the Catholic church that makes them just not give a flying crap about the safety of our children?

No comments: