Tuesday, March 21, 2006

President Bush said yesterday that America would defend Israel with military force against Iran, if necessary.

The President cited comments made by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calling for Israel to be wiped off of the map, and said that Iran's stated objective to destroy Israel is a "serious threat."

"But now that I'm on Iran, the threat to Iran, of course - the threat from Iran is, of course, their stated objective to destroy our strong ally Israel. That's a threat, a serious threat. It's a threat to world peace; it's a threat, in essence, to a strong alliance. I made it clear, I'll make it clear again, that we will use military might to protect our ally, Israel."

If this isn't a public warning to Ahmadinejad, I don't know what is. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to shut him down in the next five years...

No comments: