Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Osama Bin Laden's niece has signed up to star in a reality TV show about her life and unfulfilled quest for stardom.

Wafah Dufour Bin Ladin, whose mother was married to OBL's half-brother, (whew) was born in California, but was raised in Saudi Arabia from ages 3-10.

"I understand that when people hear my last name, they have preconceived notions, but I was born an American and I love my country," Dufour said in a statement from ReganMedia announcing the deal to develop a reality TV series.

"Her story will bridge the gap that people feel exists between the cultures she has lived in," ReganMedia President Judith Regan said.

"She is also a young woman who falls in love, has her heart broken, worries about her looks, doesn't always listen to her mother, and hasn't spoken to her father in years," Regan said.

Dafour has a master's degree in law, and has said she has never met her infamous uncle. Her mother wrote the 2004 bestseller,"Inside the Kingdom: My Life In Saudi Arabia."

Dufour has dropped the "Bin Ladin" and now goes by Wafah Dufour. Last year she posed for GQ magazine, in which she reclined on satin sheets while wrapped in feathers, and another in which she posed in a bubble bath wearing naught but a necklace.

Huh. I wonder if dear ole' Uncle would stone her over that...

No comments: