Tuesday, October 3, 2006

WHO'S Playing Politics?


So there I am, sitting at my desk whilst my kids are napping, reading other blogs, when my phone rings.

I answer, to be greeted by a recorded political message. The female speaker prattled on at a quick pace, so I cannot give an exact quote, but the gist of the phone call was that the Republicans KNEW about Sen. Foley and were warning pages to steer clear of him since 2001... And then extolled me to call my Senator (Bohener) and urge him to start arresting and replacing Republican Senators!

Now, don't get me wrong. Foley was caught red-handed and should be thrown into a lake with a millstone around his neck, as well as anyone who is caught knowingly covering up for him. However, there hasn't been any Grand Jury inditements; no evidence has yet been presented to the public! In fact, the story only just broke! How are we to start firing people yet?

Only one answer came to mind, as I went to the obviously liberal front-website mentioned in the phone call: The Dems are already playing politics!

Using a situation in which children have been assaulted to further your own political goals... And barely waiting until the proverbial body is cold... What could be scummier?

No comments: