Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

First and foremost, I want to honor all of my blogging buddies who've served, and all other men and women who have answered the call to protect our nation!

Sorry about the belated wishes!

Yesterday was a wonderful Memorial Day. The school band and local girl and boy scouts put on a nice parade which ended in the cemetery. There was a very lovely sermon given to honor our soldiers, a prayer, and taps played by the high school marching band. 

I  have a few pics, but the camera is in the car and Dave's at work with the keys. I can't find my set... 

After that, we splurged with the gas and headed out to the flea market. The weather was wonderful, there was pie and ice cream, and I found a bumper sticker that says, "My brother is in the Army" next to the army logo. (I just heard that little bro is due to graduate basic on July 18th. We're going to make every effort to cross the states between us and be there! )


Dave put it on the car and we were on our way home for pizza! 

Very cool day! 


No comments: