Sunday, June 3, 2007

You Know What They Say About Curiosity And The Cat...

Usually, I would leave the Cat Blogging up to Cube, but I just had to relate this funny story...

Earlier, one of the kids had stepped on (or did something slightly more destructive to) one of the floor vent covers, breaking it. I took the a vent cover out of our bedroom to replace the broken one until a new cover could be purchased.

With the kids in bed, my hubby had just spent the last two hours cleaning the basement, and I, doing little things here and there around the house. No one was really paying much attention to what our cat, Jack was doing.

Dave heard a couple of thumps, and asked if I had something large in the dryer.

No....

Then it occurred to me. The cat was in the air ducts.

Dave sweet-talked him out, and he was covered in filthy dust. Who needs to hire a duct sweeper when you've got a feline in your employ, right?

Jack tried to run past me, but fortunately I caught him, and put him straight in the tub.

A wet cat is not a happy cat. I'll bet we have an impressive hairball in the floor by morning...

Does anyone else have a good cat or dog (or hamster) story?

No comments: