Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dark Knight...Not Too Shabby.

Holy spare tire, Batman! You just never know what you'll run into at Comic-Con!

Dave and I saw The Dark Knight last week on opening day, and I have to say I was impressed. It is quite palatable as far as action flicks go. If you aren't in the mood for something too artsy or sophisticated, but still want to see a decently made movie, this is a good diversion.

I expected the movie to be all hype due to his death, but I was happy with Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. He is hands-down the most sadistic version I have seen; not at all the cheesy gangtsa' version we are often assaulted with.

The pirated scene below was a bit shocking sitting right under the big screen, and it gives you a taste of the character. (Warning: It is a bit on the violent side, but not gory.) 


And of course, we mustn't take ourselves TOO seriously:


No comments: