Thursday, July 31, 2008

"High Art" and Politics


I swear, there is no worse assault to the senses than rap. It is nothing more than discordant noise with some barely literate mouth-breather swearing over top of it, usually while several mostly naked woman are degraded in the back ground.

 It's all I can do not to puke when I hear these performing thugs referred to as 'artists.'

Now we have rapper Christopher Bridges, who calls himself "Ludacris,"penning an ode to Obama. Rest assured it is up to the rapper standard of using pejorative terms for women and insulting whitey. It is also up to the leftist standard of Bush-bashing. 

If you feel like actually listening to this auditory abomination, here's the link. 

Here are the lyrics and my commentary in emphasis; keep in mind all the "yeahs" and "uhs" are edited out for brevity:

I'm back on it like I just signed my record deal
Yeah the best is here, the Bentley Coup paint is dripping wet, it got sex appeal

Never should have hated

You never should've doubted him

With a slot in the president's iPod Obama shattered 'em

OK, I don't even know what that means. Is Bridges trying to say that Obama is ALREADY president, or that Bush listens to him on his iPod? 

Said I handled his biz and I'm one of his favorite rappers
Well give Luda a special pardon if I'm ever in the slammer
Better yet put him in office, make me your vice president
Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant

There's so much here I'll just start from the first line: What 'biz' is Bridges speaking of? Did Obama really tell Bridges that he's one of his favorite rappers, because that's just hilarious. No wonder Obama is such a mush-mouth when he gets away from the teleprompter; THIS is the kind of horrible, unintelligible stuff he entertains himself with.

I'd love to know if Obama REALLY told Bridges he'd get a 'special pardon.' Sure, the President can pardon whomever he wishes, but this is very unethical.

Yeah, like I want a VP 'Luda.'

Oh, so anyone who disagrees with the messiah is a 'bitch' and irrelevant. Way to have political dialogue and show respect. Hey, Bridges, if I disagree with your political views can I call you a 'nigger'? Uh-huh. I thought not. As a woman, I find deeply offensive your use of the term 'bitch'.

Jesse talking slick and apologizing for what?
If you said it then you meant it how you want it have a gut!
And all you other politicians trying to hate on my man,
watch us win a majority vote in every state on my man

Yeah, right! LOL! Obama couldn't even unite the Democratic party under him; he still doesn't have enough delegates to be the official nominee. He's still presumptive, but you'd never know that from listening to the fanboys in the press.

You can't stop what's bout to happen, we bout to make history
The first black president is destined and it's meant to be
The threats ain't fazing us, the nooses or the jokes
So get off your ass, black people, it's time to get out and vote!

Did I miss someone threatening Obama with a noose? I'd think that would be pretty big news, considering that the MSM reports every time Obama so much as takes a leak.

And 'get off your ass, black people'? This IS RACISM!!! Voting for Obama because he is black is like Toby Keith telling white people to vote for McCain because it's 'destined and meant to be' for a white person to have the White House.

Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
McCain don't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed
Yeah I said it cause Bush is mentally handicapped
Ball up all of his speeches and I throw 'em like candy wrap
'cause what you talking I hear nothing even relevant
and you the worst of all 43 presidents

'Paint the White House black?'!? 'That's got 'em terrified'?!? Who exactly is "em'? Would that be the "typical white person" Obama spoke of when he threw his very own grandmother under the bus? Bridges is an assclown outright racist. So is Obama, for that matter.

Did Bridges just wish for McCain to be paralyzed? Isn't that a threat? And how is McCain supposed to remain standing for the rest of his life, anyway? Really, if

 you're going to insult someone, at least try to make sense when you do it.

And are we at all surprised that Bridges finds nothing relevant from the President. I wonder if he realized the irony of calling Bush 'mentally handicapped' when he wrote this monument to illiteracy he calls a song.

Did anyone tell Bridges that Bush isn't running again? 

Get out and vote or the end will be near
The world is ready for change because Obama is here!
'cause Obama is here
The world is ready for change because Obama is here!

What? I thought the GOP did the politics of fear. What's this end of the world stuff?

And yes, we'll all have change because Obama is here... Roughly 37 cents when he's through with us.


Of course, Obama's camp has denounced the song, knowing full well that he can say he finds it distasteful, but the automatons that listen to Bridges will swallow this up hook, line, and sinker.

From this source:

His campaign said Ludacris should be "ashamed" of the rap.

"As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism, and degrading images that he doesn't

want his daughters or any children exposed to," campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in an e-mail statement.

"This song is not only outrageously offensive to Mrs Clinton, Rev. Jackson, Mr McCain and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our

 children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual he should be ashamed of these lyrics."


You know, I actually agreed with the Obama camp right until the point that they

 called 'Ludacris' talented. Bridges wouldn't know talent if it bit him squarely in the ass.


No comments: