Monday, November 13, 2006

Elton John: Ban ALL RELIGION.


Elton John wants to ban all religion due to it's lack of compassion:

"I think religion has always tried to turn hatred towards gay people. From my point of view, I would ban religion completely," he was quoted as saying.

"Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

I would submit, Elton, that not all religions are without compassion. Sure, you've probably had some bad experiences, but if you were to meet a parishioner from my denomination, he would likely gently give you a verbal invite to church and stress John 3:16 to you, but if you didn't want to hear that message, he would wish you well and be on his way.

Islam, however... Yeah, they would cut your head off for being gay. Maybe we should just ban them... But that wouldn't be compassionate, would it?

No comments: