And the Hog is US!!!
Once again, we must turn to foreign media to hear about Moooooooch-elle Obama's latest vacation.
(The Brits actually have royalty, and they're outraged by the Obama's behavior!)
Just a month after their nearly month-long vay-cay in Hawaii, Michelle Obama and the girls are going to Aspen for a ski trip!
16 vacations, most of which are extended, in just four years? Must be nice.
From the above source, some of the more costly excursions by the First Moocher:
SPAIN: AUGUST 2010
- Michelle Obama and 40 of her friends paid for personal expenses, such as hotels and meals themselves.
- But the U.S. taxpayer would have paid for the 68-strong security detail, personal staff and use of presidential jet Air Force Two.
- Payment for the secret service team ran at around $281 each - nearly $98,000 for the duration of the summer break.
- Use of Air Force Two comes in at $149,900 for the round trip, not including time on the ground.
- Mrs Obama's personal staff, of which there were an unknown number, should also be taken into account.
HAWAII: DECEMBER 2010
- $63,000 on an early flight bringing Mrs Obama and the children to Hawaii ahead of the President
- $1,000,000 on Mr Obama’s return trip from Washington on Air Force One
- $16,000 to rent nearby homes for Secret Service and Navy Seals
- $134,000 for 24 White House staff to stay at the Moana Hotel
- $251,000 in police overtime
- $10,000 for an ambulance to be on hand at all times
SKI TRIP TO VAIL: FEBRUARY 2011
- Michelle Obama and her daughters stayed at the Sebastian hotel on Vail Mountain, where
- rooms cost more than $2,400 for multi-bedroom suites.
- The family appear to have flown there on Air Force Two.
- They were escorted to the resort by about a dozen vehicles, including 15 state and local law enforcement officers.
MARTHA'S VINEYARD: AUGUST 2011
- The Blue Heron Farm estate, where the Obama family stayed, rents for about $50,000 a week.
- Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama flew to the estate just hours before the president to make the most of the holiday - again, incurring extra flight costs.
- According to U.S. News and World Report, the Coast Guard was required to keep ships floating near the property. The presidential helicopter and jet remain at the ready and security agents will be on 24-hour duty.
HAWAII: DECEMBER 2011
According to the Hawaii Reporter the costs were:
- $63,000 on an early flight bringing Mrs Obama and the children to Hawaii ahead of the President but add security and personnel for a total of about $100,000
- $3,271,622 on Mr Obama’s return trip from Washington on Air Force One
- $151,200 to rent nearby homes for Secret Service and Navy Seals
- $72,216 for 24 White House staff to stay at the Moana Hotel
So, did you unwashed masses have to work two jobs to make ends meet, IF you could find two jobs? Or did both parents have to work while the kids were home?
Or did you feed your family ramen noodles to save on expenses?
Aren't you glad you've got a First 'Lady' that knows that if you have no bread, you can just eat cake?