Thursday, March 1, 2007

Women's Rights Under Sharia: To Die.

Pakistani minister and women's rights activist Zilla Huma Usman was shot like a dog as she was preparing to deliver a speech in the Punjab Province.

What was Usman's overriding sin? Refusing to wear the veil or cover her head.

Her murderer, Mohammad (Surprise!) Sarwar believes it is against "the teachings of Allah" for women to be ministers, or involved in political activities. Sarwar was arrested for murdering and mutilating 4 "prostitutes" in 2002, but was never convicted.


Not surprisingly, the Sharia court couldn't find enough evidence.

Said Mohammad Sarwar: “I have no regrets. I just obeyed Allah’s commandment,” he said, adding that Islam did not allow women to hold positions of leadership. “I will kill all those women who do not follow the right path, if I am freed again,” he said.

If I am freed again... You know he will be. After all, Usman was only a woman.

No comments: