Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Constitutional Isn't Optional: Second Amendment


I read this story today and, as usual, had to check and make sure that I live in America, and that I had not fallen through a wormhole into some weird, alternate universe... 'Cause sometimes, it's as if the world has gone crazy and I'm the only sane one left.

Excerpted from this source, all red type mine:

ANTIOCH, Tenn.- Some people in a Nashville neighborhood are furious over a new rule that makes it illegal to own a gun.

Residents in Nashboro Village said it's unconstitutional and leaves them defenseless.

Two weeks ago, residents received a letter from their homeowners' association indicating that guns are not allowed on the property.

I, for one, have never liked the idea of a "home owner's association." It's moronic: You pay some preppy egomaniac down the street to tell you how your property should look? If I want to put a rusted-out car up on cinder blocks in my front yard and surround it by plastic flamingos, I'll do it. It's my property, dammit!!!

Two weeks ago, the property management company at Nashboro Village told its residents no more guns on the property.

I would invite these pea brained fascists to attempt to take my gun.

Not surprisingly, crime has been on the upswing in the neighborhood since the
home owner's association went public with their blatantly unconstitutional rule:

Salajanu said that burglaries started to increase since late summer... She said she believes her neighborhood has changed since she moved in last year. "Three weeks ago someone was stopped at gunpoint," Salajanu said. "It seems the nature of those burglaries is becoming more dangerous."
Officials with Ghertner and Company, the property manager at Nashboro Village, would not make an on-camera comment about the gun policy but said they plan on changing the rule soon to allow firearms on the property.
However, they would make it illegal to fire those guns, which residents say is still unconstitutional.

WHAT?!? Are the residents supposed to throw the frickin' handgun at the an attacker?!?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a illegal to just willy-nilly fire a gun withing most city limits in the first place? You can be damned sure that if I discharge my weapon, I am going to be killing someone.
Neighbors said they understand the gun rule is meant to keep criminals out of Nashboro Village but they don't believe that prohibiting firearms is the best way to do that.


This may be way out there... But why not try criminal background checks to keep the criminals out of your neighborhood?

The stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me. Do they honestly think that prohibiting guns is going to stop someone from illegally obtaining a weapon? Do they really think that they are above our Constitution?

I've got to remember where that wormhole is. I really need to stop stepping into it.


No comments: