Monday, February 5, 2007

Giving Thanks For The Superbowl...


I would've liked the Bears to take the Superbowl, but clearly the superior team walked away victorious.

And with one helluva coach, they deserved it.

From the postgame show on CBS:

Jim Nantz of CBS Sports: This is one of those moments, Tony, where there is also social significance in this victory, and to have your hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Tell me what this means to you right now.

Tony Dungy: I'll tell you what. I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American to win this. It means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything, I've said it before, Lovie Smith and I, not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing that you can win doing it the Lord's way. And we're more proud of that.

Awesome, huh?

Bloomberg News Service didn't think so; they published only the part about African-American coaches, and removed the mention of Christianity!

``I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American coach to win this,'' Dungy said as he accepted the Vince Lombardi Trophy in a postgame ceremony. ``That means an awful lot to our country.''

I tell you, if I were like the Islamofacists, I'd be rioting right now...

No comments: