Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ohio Abortion Bill: Saving Babies.

As many of my long term friend and readers will recall, I am anti abortion. With birth control so readily and cheaply available, what is the excuse for murdering a child to avoid dealing with one's own lack of foresight and lack of responsibility?

Here in my home state of Ohio, there is a new challenge to the status quo of prenatal homicide:

An anti-abortion bill unveiled by Ohio Republican state legislators today sets the stage for aSupreme Court fight that could jeopardize the decades-old precedent set by the nation's highest court.
The so-called "heartbeat bill" would banabortions once there is evidence that a fetus has a heartbeat, though it doesn't set a specific time. The heart is one of the first organs to develop, and a baby's heartbeat can be detected as early as 18 days for some women, and by six weeks for most.
The controversial legislation is one of the most stringent anti-abortion plans to be introduced in a state legislature to date.
It clearly challenges the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade mandate, under which a woman has the right to abort a fetus until it is "viable," meaning that it's "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid." It's only at the point of viability -- "usually placed at about seven months" -- that states can restrict abortion.


The story continues here. 

When I was pregnant with my first child, I worked on an OB floor. I could see my baby's heartbeat at seven and one half weeks with a PORTABLE ultrasound machine.

Roe v Wade allows a woman to abort her child until it is considered viable.

My sister in law had a viable and extremely early birth with my nephew at 23 and one half weeks. After spending almost three months in a level three NICU, the boy developed normally and is a brilliant first grader today.

Medical science is redefining viability every single day. When RvW was passed, my nephew surviving such an early birth was unheard of; science fiction.

An aside: When I Googled for this NEWS story, I was given a slew of pro-abortion BLOGS as a return. Here is the screen shot:



The first link looked like this, and I've taken a screen shot to avoid 'editing' changes:



It is FARCICAL that UNEMPLOYMENT rates are brought up out of nowhere in the middle of this laughable leftist propaganda piece, don't you think?

No comments: