Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Leftist Logic


**Disclaimer: I did not make this up. It is entirely true.**

I was at work last night, ringing up customers shortly before the end of my shift.

A lady comes into my lane with a stack of reusable grocery bags, which I don't mind. To each his own.

(I like the plastic because I can reuse them during the daily scooping of my cat's litter box.)

So, there I am, ringing up her groceries when I noticed that she's buying a lot of styrofoam plates, bowls, and plastic utensils.

Most of the folks that bring reusable bags are environmentalist crusaders, all too happy to tell you about the evils of plastic bags, so after a few moments I just couldn't help myself:

"So, having a big picnic, are you?" I asked.

"No, I have teenagers and I just hate to do dishes."

"Ah."

"I feel bad about all that styrofoam going into the environment, so I figured I'd make up for it by not wasting plastic bags."

I'm cracking up inside at this point, trying like hell to keep a straight face!

"So," I ask, "How are you getting rid of these plates when you're done?"

She looks down a bit sheepishly.

"Ah, I throw them out."

I just cannot help myself and decide to be a smartass:

"I use mine as campfire kindling. It makes excellent kindling, you know."

"Ooh, it is kind of fun to watch it curl up and get all hot while it's in the fire!"

I swear, it must take a special kind of mindlessness to buy into all of that Al Gore 'save the earth' crap!

You just can't make this stuff up...


No comments: