Monday, August 27, 2007

Life has been good, but hectic around here for a few days; and as a result I haven't really been doing any serious stuff in my posts.

And, with apologies, I haven't been reading my blogging buddies' sites... Which I hope to rectify later today, before my daughter's first grade orientation! ACK!

Yes, tomorrow is the big day... First Grade.

There was also the business of my hubby getting the Uberti, and I finally broke down and admitted I need a new bed, so we took a trip to the Select Comfort store and, even though I don't like to do it, we financed a bed.

The hubby figures that the cost will be worth it in the end, especially if he gets a wife who doesn't wake up with headaches and lower back pain... You know, a happier, less grumpy wife.

He says a little OT is gladly in order... You've gotta love a man who'll do so much for his girl! :D

Also, I am embarrassed to admit that yours truly received a traffic ticket in my grandmother's neighborhood for not stopping completely at a stop sign.

My first traffic ticket in 12 years. *sigh*

The trouble is, when I call the court to pay the cursed thing, the clerk keeps telling me they don't have it on record and that the officer should have turned it in by now. Hopefully, when I call today it'll be there... I wonder what happens he doesn't turn it in? Do I go to court on the date and pay it then?

I don't want the stupid thing to turn up a year from now and then I wind up with a warrant.

So in closing, I'll be making the rounds later today, and until then I've found a pretty good cartoon for you all:


No comments: