Tuesday, January 9, 2007

110th Congress Has Their Priorities...

I'm sure the 110th Congress enjoyed an impromptu day off yesterday to enjoy the Florida/OSU football game!

That's right, our elected officials, who only work a three day week in the first place, decided to take the DAY off for a prime-time college ball game.

I'd like to take this opportunity to do an un-scientific poll: How many of you got yesterday off work for football? How many of you get paid to only work three days a week, with NO overtime whatsoever, and can just arbitrarily decide when you get to go in, leave, and when you don't want to go, you don't?

From FoxNews.com:

Though the schedule does not offer an explanation for the delay, Hoyer, D-Md., said on the House floor that he wanted to let lawmakers from the big states of Ohio and Florida off, presumably so they could attend the game or participate in game-related activities at home.

"There is a very important event happening Monday night, particularly for those who live
in Ohio and Florida. In the spirit of comity, and I know if Maryland were playing, I would want to be accommodated and I want to accommodate my friend, Mr. Boehner," Hoyer said in reference to new House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Hoyer the Democrat leading the charge to make Congress work a five-hour day in the first place?

I guess ethics and campaign promises are only delivered when they are convenient for the one doing the promising, and the American voter be damned!

No comments: